Here’s what you need to know.
Skips are very efficient for many waste types. However, some items do not fall into the category of “general waste” and are treated differently at our recycling facilities. These particular items incur a disposal cost so we need to be aware that they are in the skip.
Here’s a list of common items and how we can help you.
Make an enquiry
The following items can be disposed of for a fixed fee. You can add these to your booking at checkout. You will be advised of the final price when you add them to your order.
- Fridges / freezers – From £45 per appliance
- Tyres – From £5 per tyre
- Mattresses – From £25
- TV Screens/computer monitors – From £5
- Gas bottles – From £25
- Fire extinguishers – From £25
Items by weight
These items can be disposed of, but will be charged by weight.
- Rubber matting
- Astro turf / artificial surfacing
Once your skip has been returned, we will weigh your items and inform you of a final price.
These items should not be mixed with general waste.
The items below require specialist expertise to ensure they are disposed of safely, with minimal harm to people and the environment. Please do contact us as we are happy to organise this using our network of specialist waste partners.
- Asbestos – Please contact us for one of our specialist partners to help with this incredibly dangerous material.
- Food / Household Refuse – This should be put with your council refuse collection
- Fluorescent tubes/lamps/bulb
- Paint cans